To help us identify what services and support will help you maintain your independence and wellbeing, once you’re referred to us, we complete a specialist outcome focused assessment with you.
One of our experienced team will arrange to meet you in your own home or at a location that is convenient to you to discuss your individual situation.
Together we will explore the areas in your life that have been affected by your sensory loss and identify what strengths and supports you have already as well as potential new supports and solutions that could be put in place.
This may include information, equipment, training or signposting onto other services.
Everyone’s situation is unique to them and we want to make sure that the support we offer is right for you.
We focus on a number of outcomes which we know are important to people living with a sensory loss
These outcomes include –
- I understand my sensory condition and the onward process for accessing services
- I have someone to talk to
- I can look after myself, my health, my home and my family
- I can access information and support when I need it
- I can make the best use of the sight and hearing I have
- I can access information making the most of the advantages that technology brings
- I can move around my house and get out and about
- I am able to communicate and to develop skills for reading and writing and for signing and lip reading
- I have equal access to education and lifelong learning
- I can work and volunteer
“Thank you very very much for all the support. The work that you do improves people’s quality of life greatly and is invaluable.” Client’s daughter